JKhatavkar

Default How to recover excel file that was closed without saving?

I was working in excel and wrongly I closed the excel file without saving the
file.

I wish to recover my workdone in excel workbook that was closed without
saving.

Please let me know the steps I need to follow for retrieving my data.

Ken Wright

Sorry but it's gone. You cannot recover it after doing what you have
stated.

Regards
Ken................

""JKhatavkar"" wrote in message
I was working in excel and wrongly I closed the excel file without saving
the
file.

I wish to recover my workdone in excel workbook that was closed without
saving.

Please let me know the steps I need to follow for retrieving my data.

Nick Hodge

I suspect this is too late, but if you have Excel XP or 2003 and have not
closed Excel then go ToolsOptions...Save and note the autosave location, go
to that location and rename the file you find there with an extension of
..xls (It will have none by default). This is your file and will now open in
excel.

If you have versions other than those above OR you have closed Excel then
see Ken's post unfortunately!

--
HTH
Nick Hodge