Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trying to move photo behind text. "Send back" doesn't work.

Excel 2003 - I need to place a photo behind the text.

"Send to back" or "send backward" do not work. I need "send behind text" or
somesuch. Is there a way to do this??

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Trying to move photo behind text. "Send back" doesn't work.

Yes, there is a way to move a photo behind text in Excel 2003. Here are the steps:
  1. Insert the photo into the Excel worksheet by clicking on "Insert" in the menu bar, then selecting "Picture" and "From File." Choose the photo you want to insert and click "Insert."
  2. Click on the photo to select it. You should see a border around the photo.
  3. Right-click on the photo and select "Format Picture" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Format Picture" dialog box, click on the "Layout" tab.
  5. Under "Wrapping Style," select "Behind Text."
  6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  7. The photo should now be behind the text. You can move the photo around by clicking and dragging it to the desired location.

If the photo is still not behind the text, you may need to adjust the order of the objects on the worksheet. To do this, right-click on the photo and select "Order" from the drop-down menu. From there, you can select "Send to Back" or "Send Behind Text" to adjust the order of the objects.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

Excel does not really support what you want to do, but check "Watermark in
help for some options that may do something similar.

"Judy" wrote:

Excel 2003 - I need to place a photo behind the text.

"Send to back" or "send backward" do not work. I need "send behind text" or
somesuch. Is there a way to do this??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your help, BJ. I just tried Watermark (using a header). It worked
as far as it imported the picture. Unfortunately, on top of the text which is
exactly what I don't want.

I'm surprised that Excel doesn't allow the function "Send behind text". It's
easy enough to do in Word.

Judy

"Judy" wrote:

Excel 2003 - I need to place a photo behind the text.

"Send to back" or "send backward" do not work. I need "send behind text" or
somesuch. Is there a way to do this??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

I agree, but I am surprised it puts the picture in front of the text
the text is in front when I use the header.