Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Get rid of #VALUE, after multiplying

If my formula is trying to multiply one empty field with another empty field
that is fine.
But if I am trying to multiply an empty field with another empty field that
has a formula in it (specifically a VLOOKUP) I get a #VALUE error. How do I
get that to go away and be ignored?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds like the result of your VLOOKUP is a formula blank ("") which is a
TEXT value. So:

number * formula blank = #VALUE!

Let's assume the VLOOKUP is in cell A1 and you want to multiply that by cell
B1:

=N(A1)*B1

If A1 is a formula blank ("") the result will be 0.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP