Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy and paste range of cells excluding hidden data in excel

Is anyone aware of a way to copy a range of data that includes hidden rows
but when pasting into another workbook excludes the hidden data and only
pastes the visible data from the originating file?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure that both workbooks are open in the same instance of excel.

Then do the copy|paste.

If you're hiding rows manually (or via autofilter in xl2007), you may want to
select the visible cells first.

Select the range to copy
hit F5 or ctrl-g
Special|visible cells only
Then do the copy|paste

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave, Thanks for the quick response. Your help could be the edge I need in
being hired. The director asked me this question in the interview process.
Thank you again for your help!!!