Junior Member

Exclamation Hyperlink problems

I have sheet containing a cell with a hyperlink in it pointing to a file. Lets call it cell A1. When I click A1, the file opens as you would expect.

Elsewhere on the same sheet, (A2) says "=A1".

A2 displays the contents of A1 as expected, but I would like the file to open when I click A2. This does not happen as the hyperlink does not "copy" across.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hyperlink problems

miggy999 explained on 2/13/2012 :
I have sheet containing a cell with a hyperlink in it pointing to a
file. Lets call it cell A1. When I click A1, the file opens as you would
expect.

Elsewhere on the same sheet, (A2) says "=A1".

A2 displays the contents of A1 as expected, but I would like the file to
open when I click A2. This does not happen as the hyperlink does not
"copy" across.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

You have to physically make A2 a hyperlink same as you did A1.
(Formulas return values or references only)

--
Garry