Ben Swift

Default How do I set a custom page size in Excel

I have the US version of MS Office 2003, but I'm now living in Japan where
they use metric size papers. This is fine if I want to use B5/A4/A5 size
paper, but what I'm looking for is B4 or A1 or some of those other sized
papers. Why won't Excel let me set custom page size dimensions since it
doesn't have a preset for these sizes?
Bryan Hessey

Ben,

I usually set my current printer to one that has the paper size
required, then the sheet size is simply selected from there.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398032

Ben Swift

I'm not sure I follow exactly. I have an Okidata 14e, which supports those
metric page sizes, but I'm not sure what you mean by setting the printer to
use one of those paper sizes? I may be missing your point.

Ben

Ben Swift Wrote:
I have the US version of MS Office 2003, but I'm now living in Japan
where
they use metric size papers. This is fine if I want to use B5/A4/A5
size
paper, but what I'm looking for is B4 or A1 or some of those other
sized
papers. Why won't Excel let me set custom page size dimensions since
it
doesn't have a preset for these sizes?

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398032

Bryan Hessey

Hi Ben,

I just installed the driver for the 14e, after re-reading your
questoin. To set a papersize the system follws the print device, and
not manyy printers can print odd size paper, so only standard sizes are
generally available. Adobe PDFWriter (and probably any .pdf
printer/writer) are printers that will accept custom sizes, though I'm
not sure many standard printers will.

A printer such as the Electrasoft NT Print to Fax shows a wide variety
of paper options.

Ben Swift Wrote:
I have the US version of MS Office 2003, but I'm now living in

Japan
where
they use metric size papers. This is fine if I want to use

B5/A4/A5
size
paper, but what I'm looking for is B4 or A1 or some of those other
sized
papers. Why won't Excel let me set custom page size dimensions

since
it
doesn't have a preset for these sizes?

--