Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste Special - Formulas - Multiply

In Excel 2007, when I select Paste Special Formulas Multiply it
doesn't keep the formulas, it just divides the destination cell (which
has its own formulas) by the value of the formula. Previously, in
Excel 2003 it divided the cell by the pasted formula but in Excel 2007
it divides the cell by the value of the pasted formula. Is it possible
to overcome this problem?

Thanks,

PRV
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You seem to be mixing Multiply and divide in the text, but, presuming you
mean Multiply ...

I just tried it, and you are right. This is not good is it?.

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
In Excel 2007, when I select Paste Special Formulas Multiply it
doesn't keep the formulas, it just divides the destination cell (which
has its own formulas) by the value of the formula. Previously, in
Excel 2003 it divided the cell by the pasted formula but in Excel 2007
it divides the cell by the value of the pasted formula. Is it possible
to overcome this problem?

Thanks,

PRV

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is already on the "wish list" of things users want MS to change about
XL2007
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You seem to be mixing Multiply and divide in the text, but, presuming you
mean Multiply ...

I just tried it, and you are right. This is not good is it?.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

wrote in message
In Excel 2007, when I select Paste Special Formulas Multiply it
doesn't keep the formulas, it just divides the destination cell (which
has its own formulas) by the value of the formula. Previously, in
Excel 2003 it divided the cell by the pasted formula but in Excel 2007
it divides the cell by the value of the pasted formula. Is it possible
to overcome this problem?

Thanks,

PRV

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry if I mixed multiply and divide, but it happens with both
operations.

I guess there's nothing to do about this until MS corrects the
problem.

Thanks anyway!

PRV