bayanbaru

Default plot chart with no value yet

I want to plot a chart as below:

Jan Feb Mac
A 5 8
B 8 6
C 7 7

When the chart is plotted, Mac values is zero instead of blank as I do not
have the value yet. When this is in line chart all 3 lines will end at zero
value which is not true.

Tushar Mehta

You probably have a formula that contains a zero-length string, i.e.,
"", in it. Replace the "" with NA()

If you don't (and the cells are truly empty, i.e., =ISBLANK({cell})
returns TRUE), you should select the chart, then select Tools |
Options... | Chart. In there change the 'Plot empty cells as' option
to something other than 'zero'.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Can you give me an example.

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Try putting the NA() function in the cells

--
HTH
Nick Hodge