Justin

Default Is there a way to determine which cell the function =min() used?

Say I have 2 columns of information, I want to find the min value of column1.
Then I would like to use the information in column 2 that is in the same row
where the min value was found.
Max

One way ..
Assume the 2 cols are A & B, with no ties in the minimum values in col A
Try in say, C1: =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(MIN(A:A),A:A,0))
to retrieve the value in col B corresponding to the min value in col A
--
Rgds
Max
"Justin" wrote in message
Say I have 2 columns of information, I want to find the min value of

column1.
Then I would like to use the information in column 2 that is in the same

row
where the min value was found.

Ken Wright

MIN from MAX - Love it :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Justin" wrote in message
Say I have 2 columns of information, I want to find the min value of

column1.
Then I would like to use the information in column 2 that is in the same

row
where the min value was found.

Max

MIN from MAX - Love it :-)
Glad you liked it, Ken ! <g
--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

Max

Default Is there a way to determine which cell the function =min() use

You're welcome !
--
Rgds
Max
"Justin" wrote in message
Thanks for the help! Min for Max, ha!

Aladin Akyurek

If the following is the correct result:

Ken
Aladin

Given:

Brad 7
Carla 8
Ken 2
Aladin 2
Ann 3

Then try the formula system I des describe in:

http://tinyurl.com/a4mag