Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Images inside . . I need to Flip Columns, to Rows & Visa Versa?? SIMPLE RIGHT? :(

I am needing to generate client lists, and I need a way that avoids
manually editing 8,000 + records 10 times over, I know there is going
to be allot of manual editing, but I need to get a step closer so I
don't have to edit each Company record 6 times to complete my
objective.

So!!!!

Is there a function, or a macro to make something like this :

[image: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/duhmurx/1.jpg]

Look like this?

[image: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/duhmurx/2.jpg]

please help.

Ill check the forum when I can, please email me to notify that you have
an answer if you can find the time :

--
onlythebest
onlythebest's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you past the following into cell C1

=INDIRECT("A" & 1+(12 *(INT((CELL("Row",C1)-1)))+CELL("Col",C1)-3))

and copy the formula across the 11 columns to the right and then all 12
cells in the row down as far as you need, you should get what you want.

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560771

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To make this work properly, each data set has to be the same length
correct?

i.e : 5 rows containing information and 1 without before the next set
of data?

--
onlythebest
onlythebest's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36301

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's right. I had understood that your data repeated every 12 rows,
hence the 12 in the formula. If its only 6 use

=INDIRECT("A" & 1+(6 *(INT((CELL("Row",C1)-1)))+CELL("Col",C1)-3))

instead.

If the number of rows varies, you could still achieve what you want by
macro but you would have to have a way of working out which row went
into which column.

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560771

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

mrice Wrote:
That's right. I had understood that your data repeated every 12 rows,
hence the 12 in the formula. If its only 6 use

=INDIRECT("A" & 1+(6 *(INT((CELL("Row",C1)-1)))+CELL("Col",C1)-3))

instead.

If the number of rows varies, you could still achieve what you want by
macro but you would have to have a way of working out which row went
into which column.

So how can i save the rendered text after its copied itself over to the
next columns

--
onlythebest
onlythebest's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36301
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560771

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

onlythebest Wrote:
So how can i save the rendered text after its copied itself over to the
next columns

I have figured out how to run this macro very to allmost 90%
perfection.. thank you so much for your assistnace