Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automatic data entry in alternate cells based on drop-down menu se

Hello. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003. I am trying to figure out how (or
if) I can get information to populate in multiple cells when choosing a
selection from a drop-down that is embedded in just one cell. For example:
the spreadsheet that I am working on has three different cells that I want
apply this function to-- 'Vendor Address,' 'Vendor Telephone,' 'Vendor
Account.' I have put a drop-down in the 'Vendor Address' cell so that I can
simply choose the appropriate vendor from a list. I would like my choice to
populate the correct information in the other two cells automatically-- if I
select 'ABC Vendor, 122 Main St, Anywhere' from my drop-down I would like the
telephone number and account number to automatically populate in the correct
cell. Can this be done? I realize I could just put all of the information
into one cell/one drop-down, but then I would have to modify the layout of
the company's spreadsheet and that would be... frowned upon! Any help is
most appreciated! Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try my example he
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm

[...]