Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ivano

Default Using IF function for inbetween cell values

Hi,
I would like to test a cell and run a formula if the cell is inbetween two
values. For example.
IF(A1 <is inbetween values 1 and 100,"YES", "NO")
I can't figure out how to tell Excel the inbetween part? do I use A1=1:100
or 1<A1100?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

One way:

=IF(AND(A11,A1<100),"YES","NO")

In article ,
Ivano wrote:

Hi,
I would like to test a cell and run a formula if the cell is inbetween two
values. For example.
IF(A1 <is inbetween values 1 and 100,"YES", "NO")
I can't figure out how to tell Excel the inbetween part? do I use A1=1:100
or 1<A1100?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj

try
=if(and(A=1,A<=100),"yes","no")

"Ivano" wrote:

Hi,
I would like to test a cell and run a formula if the cell is inbetween two
values. For example.
IF(A1 <is inbetween values 1 and 100,"YES", "NO")
I can't figure out how to tell Excel the inbetween part? do I use A1=1:100
or 1<A1100?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith

You want the And function, as in:

=if(and(a11,a1<100),true,false)

Fred

"Ivano" wrote in message
I would like to test a cell and run a formula if the cell is inbetween two
values. For example.
IF(A1 <is inbetween values 1 and 100,"YES", "NO")
I can't figure out how to tell Excel the inbetween part? do I use A1=1:100
or 1<A1100?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

You could also set the formula up to allow you to put the Minimum (C1) and
Maximum (C2) limits in another cell and not have to go in and change the
formula itself if this condition arizes regularly.

=IF(AND(A1C1,A1<C2),"YES","NO")

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3