Isela

Default How do you delete a cell then shift cell up?

I tried deleting a cell and making the others shif up. When I click delete
the Shift cell up option is greyed out. Does anyone know how to delete a cell
and then shift up another way? Might this be a setting issue?
JulieD

Hi

if you right mouse click on a cell and choose delete you get the option to
shift the cells up - will this work for you?

Cheers
JulieD

"Isela" wrote in message
I tried deleting a cell and making the others shif up. When I click delete
the Shift cell up option is greyed out. Does anyone know how to delete a
cell
and then shift up another way? Might this be a setting issue?

Fleone

Isela,
If you right-click the cell, then choose delete from the menu, you should be
prompted to shift the cells up, down, left, right.
Just choosing the delete command from the file menu, or hitting the delete
key on the keyboard will simply clear the data from the cell.

"Isela" wrote:

I tried deleting a cell and making the others shif up. When I click delete
the Shift cell up option is greyed out. Does anyone know how to delete a cell
and then shift up another way? Might this be a setting issue?

Fleone

Isela,
Does this worksheet, or workbook have protection enabled? If so, that may
prevent some options from being available.
Another thing that might be causing this would be sharing the workbook for
multiple users.
You can check the status of the worksheet, or workbook by going to Tools,
Share Workbook, or Tools, Protection.