Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Validation disabled on international macro sheet

Hi All,

Why Data Validation is disabled on an international macro sheet? Can I do
anything to enable it?

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I wouldn't think so.

But I'm wondering why you're using an international macro sheet in the first
place?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, I use Hungarian version Excel, and I'd like to create an application
that will be used in English XL version. Formulae in my environment are in
Hungarian and I thought that an international macro sheet will translate them
into English. It does but validation cannot be used. Do you know the right
way of overcoming language differences?

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Dave Peterson€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Stefi wrote:

Hi All,

Why Data Validation is disabled on an international macro sheet? Can I do
anything to enable it?

Thanks,
Stefi

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never used excel except in USA English.

But from what I've read, most of the formulas will translate into whatever
language the user has.

There are exceptions--I think things like =Cell("filename",a1) won't translate
the text portion of the file.

John Green, Stephen Bullen, Rob Bovey and Robert Rosenberg have a chapter in one
of their books that deals with international issues.

They share that chapter he
http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/ExcelProgRef/default.htm

Look for this link:
Chapter 22 - International Issues

Stefi wrote:

Hi All,

Why Data Validation is disabled on an international macro sheet? Can I do
anything to enable it?

Thanks,
Stefi

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And I think that the Analysis toolpak functions have trouble, too.

Each time I write a message about international issues, Ron de Bruin usually
comes by and corrects me. So keep an eye out for Ron's followup!