Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find duplicates in entire workbook

Is it possible to find duplicates in entire workbook?
Please advise.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Mukesh

Duplicates can be cell duplicates, row duplicates. If you are looking at
values within a cell from find window (Ctrl+F) 'Find All' will display all
the instances of a the search string.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mukesh" wrote:

Is it possible to find duplicates in entire workbook?
Please advise.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From Find windowOptions select within 'Workbook' and specify the match type
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Mukesh" wrote:

Is it possible to find duplicates in entire workbook?
Please advise.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jacob,

I am using =COUNTIF() and I get result as 1, 2 - is it possible to count
from entire workbook so I know the number of times it has been duplicated.

Thanks.
Mukesh

"Mukesh" wrote:

Is it possible to find duplicates in entire workbook?
Please advise.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mukesh, Suppose you want to find the number of instances of a text say
"Mukesh" across columns A:B in the entire workbooks with Sheet names 'Sheet1'
'sheet2' and 'Sheet3', try the below

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("Sheet" & ROW(INDIRECT("1:3"))&"!A:B"),"mukesh"))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria