Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Highlighting Text within Cell

Does anyone know how to highlight part of a text within a cell. I've tried
but it does not seem to work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If by highlight you mean to set up a different background colour for
part of the cell, then this is not allowed in Excel - a cell can only
have one backgound colour.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 29, 6:26*pm, OutlanderRaven
wrote:
Does anyone know how to highlight part of a text within a cell. *I've tried
but it does not seem to work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean that you'd like to have 2 different colors as background pattern
in the cell? Impossible as far as I know.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"OutlanderRaven" wrote:

Does anyone know how to highlight part of a text within a cell. I've tried
but it does not seem to work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can change the font of part of a text, as in choice of font, style,
size, colour, underline, subsript, superscript, strikethrough, but you can't
change background colour for part of a cell, if that was the sort of
highlighting you were looking for.
--
David Biddulph

"OutlanderRaven" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to highlight part of a text within a cell. I've
tried
but it does not seem to work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can change the color of text in a cell by either selecting the text in
the formula bar that you want to assign a different color to and then click
the Font Color drop-down at the right side of the Formatting tool bar and
select your color of the moment.

You can also double click on the cell that has the text or move to the cell
that has the text and press F2 to select the text at the cell level instead
of the formula bar.

Hope this helps.
--
Kevin Backmann