monir

Default How Can I make a cell flash in Excel

(Excel 2003 Windows XP)

Hi Frank;
1. I've read with great interest your reply to Cumbo, and I agree with most
of it.

2. In my particular application, it is absolutely critical that I've some
kind of text effects in a single cell so that I may adjust certain algorithms
associated with a complex non-linear optimization. I've chosen blinking cell.

3. The VBA one-second timer macros, Ontime method, events, conditional
format formula, etc. are all working fine. There is, however, one side
effect!

4. The Excel Screen, mouse Pointer, task bar Ready, macro Buttons, etc. are
"jiggling" or "pulsating", whether the conditional format formula is
returning TRUE or FALSE !!!!!

5. This nauseating behaviour has been encountered:
5.a (even) on a new w/b with a blank w/s that has absolutely nothing
on it (except the timer macro and the events)
5.b on two different computers
5.c with two different versions of Excel (XL2000 SP-2, XL2003)
5.d in two different versions of operating systems (windows 95,
Windows XP)

Your suggestions on how to suppress this side effect would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you.
Incedentally, What is Google archives ??

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
flashing would require VBA (using for example the OnTime method).
But I strongky recommend against it:
- slows down Excel
- has IMHO nothing to do with serious spreadsheets
- requires VBA and won't work if macros are disabled

If you still want to go on with this search the Google archives for
'blinking cell'

"Cumbo" wrote:

I am looking to highlight certain cells in a column of data and would be
helpful to make them flash, as oposed to just standard formatting