nrehman

Default Keeping Source Formatting with Paste Link and VLOOKUP

I am creating a paste link from worksheet A to worksheet B. The cell on
worksheet A is formatted with one word in regular arial font and the second
word in italics. Is there a way to keep this formatting in a paste link at
the destination (worksheet B)? So far, I have tried the paste link and
immediately followed with the paste special format, but this has had no
effect. Likewise, I am attempting the same exercise with VLOOKUP.

Would anyone have a solution?

Thanks!
Dave Peterson

First, formulas can return values--they can't change formats.

And second, excel doesn't support that kind of formatting (character by
character) with formulas.

--

Dave Peterson