Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
magnoliak77

Default How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?

Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data
series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within
one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

magnoliak77

Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I
call them panel charts.

Take a look at the examples on this page.
http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm

Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and
align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts
on a single sheet.
http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_vb...e_Align_Charts

A third option is to place each chart in a cell and use column and row
sizing to adjust all charts. This lets you line them up and adjust sizes as
you need.
Here's a link for this approach:
http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_chart_in_cell.htm

One of these choices should work for you.

...Kelly

"magnoliak77" wrote in message
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data
series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series
within
one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

As Kelly points out, other chart types would provide for better comparisons.
A stacked column chart would not allow ready comparison, because the
additional data would be stacked on top of the existing data, and they all
would become too compressed for a reasonable comparison.

If you have a more suitable chart type, it's possible to copy data from one
chart to another. Select the first chart's chart area, copy it, select the
second chart, choose Paste Special from the Edit menu, and choose the
Formulas option.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP