Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I display a batting average as .333 rather than 0.333?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For future reference, it is considered rude to ask your question in the
Subject line.

Try custom formatting the cells using .000 as the pattern.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use a custom format of .000

Select the cells in question
Goto FormatCellsNumber tab
Select Custom
In the little box under Type: enter .000
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

At bats in A1

Hits in B1

In C1 enter =TEXT(B1/A1,".000")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:44:01 -0700, ernie d <ernie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Too easy<g

Gord

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:05:21 -0400, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:

Try custom formatting the cells using .000 as the pattern.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try formatting the cell to Text and then delete 0.