Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Odd status bar behavior

Here's an oddity that I can't manage to duplicate on my own workstation. I
have two seperate users on two seperate machines that occasionally "lose"
their status bar on Excel 2003. I watched this happen once, and the person
is never even touching the View menu. When the shared file finishes loading,
the status bar just simply winks itself out. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is posible that the behavior results from the operation of an event macro.
If the following type of macro was in the workbook code area, the status bar
would dissappear when the file was opened:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.DisplayStatusBar = False

Gary''s Student - gsnu200856

"Burnnie Holliday" wrote:

Here's an oddity that I can't manage to duplicate on my own workstation. I
have two seperate users on two seperate machines that occasionally "lose"
their status bar on Excel 2003. I watched this happen once, and the person
is never even touching the View menu. When the shared file finishes loading,
the status bar just simply winks itself out. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I checked for that, and it isn't caused by a macro, even though there is an
open event programmed (Sheets(1).Select) that has nothing to do with the
status bar. It is nice to know that there is a VBA command for that, though.
--
Burnnie Holliday
Data Wrangler