Sam

Default Tag some cells

Hello,

I have no idea if this is possible. What I want to do is to be able to tag
some cells in a column and do a SUM on those tagged cells only. How can I do
this?

For tagging I was thinking of changing the background color of the cells to
yellow for example. That's what I prefer. Then I thought of using SUMIF but
how can I check the background color of a cell in the criteria?

Thanks

Bob Phillips

There is an example of using SUMPRODUCT and UDFs to count coloured cells at
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

The biggest problem is that changing a colour does not generate a worksheet
recalculation. One way around this is to use a button to set the colour, and
in the code associated with the button, do a sheet calculate
(ACtivesheet.Calculate). You would also need to add Application.Volatile to
the UDF.

--

HTH

RP