Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Tick Mark Label

I'm making a bar chart showing the returns of quarter, 9 month 1 year 5 year
since Inception.

The returns of current year are negative i have my tick mark labels just
below the axis...is there any way possible making the first 3 label above the
axis so the bar will not block the label?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can change the position of the axis labels but it will affect all of
them.
Double click the axis and choose the Low option for Tick Labels position.

If you really must have some above and some below then you can mimic the
axis labels with additional series and data labels.

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"funkev123" wrote in message
I'm making a bar chart showing the returns of quarter, 9 month 1 year 5
year
since Inception.

The returns of current year are negative i have my tick mark labels just
below the axis...is there any way possible making the first 3 label above
the
axis so the bar will not block the label?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I'm not sure I have this one clear, are you using a Column or a Bar chart?

If you are using a Bar, there is no command to put the Tick Mark labels
"below", there is a command to put the Tick Mark Labels "Low". In that case
the Tick mark labels do not overlap the bars unless you force the X-axis
minimum.

One additional thing you can do with a bar chart is double-click the Y-axis
and choose the Alignment tab and set the Offset value to a larger number.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire