Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rudy

Default averageif

Anyone know if there is averageif type of function similar to sumif?

Thanks.

--
rudy
rudy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33911

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

There isn't a specific single function but in general if you want the
average of B1:B10 when A1:A10 is "xxx" then either

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A10="xxx",B1:B10))

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER or

=SUMIF(A1:A10,"xxx",B1:B10)/MAX(1,COUNTIF(A1:A10,"xxx"))

which just requires ENTER

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rudy

thanks, I am not familiar with the CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, what does this do?

--
rudy
rudy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33911
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536854

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

Try SUMIF/COUNTIF

HTH
--
AP

"rudy" a écrit dans le
message de ...

Anyone know if there is averageif type of function similar to sumif?

Thanks.

--
rudy
rudy's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536854

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Also note that next version of excel will have an averageif function

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Ardus Petus" wrote in message
Try SUMIF/COUNTIF

HTH
--
AP

"rudy" a écrit dans le
message de ...

Anyone know if there is averageif type of function similar to sumif?

Thanks.

--
rudy
rudy's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

rudy Wrote:
thanks, I am not familiar with the CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, what does this do?

See Chip Pearson's website for an explanation

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/array.htm