Ken

Default Name Conflict Dialog Box???

Excel 2000 ... I have a WorkBook that when I try to copy
one of the TabSheets (any of the 3 TabSheets) I get a Pop-
up containing the following (very annoying) message.

"A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the
name 'My_Name' which already exsist on the destination
worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name?

To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, Click
Yes.

To rename the range referred to in the formula or
worksheet, Click No, and enter a new name in the Name
Conflict Dialog Box."

How do I stop this??? And what did I do to cause this in
the 1st place ... as I do not recall having this issue on
any of my other spread sheets ... Thanks ... Kha.

Ken

Good morning Frank ...

Following your instructions there were no names listed in
my old WorkBook.

However, I did get around issue ... instead of copying the
TabSheet (in same WorkBook) ... I did a copy/paste of
TabSheet contents into a New WorkBook ... then I performed
a copy TabSheet in the New WorkBook & all worked fine (no
pop-ups with Name Conflict issues).

Above said ... I renamed new WorkBook same name as old
WorkBook & did a replace existing WorkBook. Now all
appears to be fine.

I have no clue what occurred in my old WorkBook???

Thanks Frank ... Kha

"Ken" wrote:

[...]

.

Dave Peterson

Maybe the name was hidden -- there are a couple of reasons that could happen.

If you're working with names, get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams
and Matthew Henson) Name Manager

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

If you have the old workbook, you might see what happened and why.

And if you don't, get a copy anyway. It's a very useful utility if you work
with any names.

--

Dave Peterson