Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bryan

Default Creating a single vertical array from multiple column arrays

I am trying to setup an end-of-day financial report that will contain
transactions by payment method (i.e., credit card, debit card, check). I am
creating this for my co-workers to enter what payments were made and Excel
will do all calculations. We are having problems with human error when we
try to balance the funds using an adding machine.

Here is how co-workers will enter data:
Column A = Credit card payments
Column B = Debit card payments
Column C = Check payments

These need to be placed into a single column and have some sort of divide
between payment method for easy printing. I tried VLOOKUP, but that didn't
seem to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bryan

Can anyone help me out with this, please? It's rather important.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Hopefully, this isn't too late to implement....

I think I'd change the input area from 3 pmt type columns to only one with
Data Validation:

Example:
Select the cells in the Pmt Type range (assuming Col_A)
DataData Validation
Allow: List
Source: Credit,Debit,Check
Click [OK]

Benefits:
1)Less data entry hopping around...possibly enteriing amounts in wrong columns
--Note: Teach entry staff to [Alt]+[Down arrow] to display dropdown items,
then arrow up/down to select, so no mouse clicks would be
necessary...speeding input.
2)Easier to analyze
3)Visually easier to confirm that a pmt was assigned the correct type

Then...you've got a couple options
You could set up a Pivot Table to summarize the data by date/pmt type, etc
OR
You could still use the 3 columns...just put equations in them like:
C2: =IF(A2="Credit",B2,"")
D2: =IF(A2="Debit",B2,"")
E2: =IF(A2="Check",B2,"")

Does that give you anything you can work with?

Regards,
Ron