Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SCP SCP is offline

Default Function Problem

Okay, here's my problem. I'm not sure if there's a way to do it, but I
cannot figure it out for the life of me.

I have 2 columns A and B
I have to subtract B from A
If it comes out with a negative number, I would like it to read 0 in the
column
If it's a positive number, I would like it to multiply it by 2.40

Is this even possible?

Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(A5-B5<0,0,(A5-B5)*2.4)

OR

=MAX(0,(A5-B5)*2.4)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Scp" wrote:

Okay, here's my problem. I'm not sure if there's a way to do it, but I
cannot figure it out for the life of me.

I have 2 columns A and B
I have to subtract B from A
If it comes out with a negative number, I would like it to read 0 in the
column
If it's a positive number, I would like it to multiply it by 2.40

Is this even possible?

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this in C2 (assuming you have a header row):

=MAX(0,A2-B2)*2.4

and copy down as required.

Hope this helps.

Pete