Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I unhide Column A of an Excel spreadsheet?

In working with a spreadsheet, I hid some of the columns that I was not
using, so that I could work with it better. I hid Column A and now I cannot
unhide it. I can't highlight the columns before and after to unhide, because
there is nothing before Column A.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click the blank box to the left of the column headers and above row 1 to
select the entire worksheet.
Then do Format Columns Unhide.

"Bank Boy" wrote:

In working with a spreadsheet, I hid some of the columns that I was not
using, so that I could work with it better. I hid Column A and now I cannot
unhide it. I can't highlight the columns before and after to unhide, because
there is nothing before Column A.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way:

Edit|goto
Type A1
and hit enter

Format|column|unhide

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Causes the "1" to be highlighted, but does not open the column.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Another way:

Edit|goto
Type A1
and hit enter

Format|column|unhide

Bank Boy wrote:

In working with a spreadsheet, I hid some of the columns that I was not
using, so that I could work with it better. I hid Column A and now I cannot
unhide it. I can't highlight the columns before and after to unhide, because
there is nothing before Column A.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe it is not hidden, maybe it has been shrunk

try this

press F5, go to A1, then do formatcolumnwidth and set it to 8.43 and press
enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Bank Boy" wrote in message
Causes the "1" to be highlighted, but does not open the column.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Another way:

Edit|goto
Type A1
and hit enter

Format|column|unhide

Bank Boy wrote:

In working with a spreadsheet, I hid some of the columns that I was not
using, so that I could work with it better. I hid Column A and now I
cannot
unhide it. I can't highlight the columns before and after to unhide,
because
there is nothing before Column A.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That did not work either. I think I will re-save last month's spreasheet and
update it again for this month. Thanks for all the suggestions.

"Bank Boy" wrote in message
Causes the "1" to be highlighted, but does not open the column.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Another way:

Edit|goto
Type A1
and hit enter

Format|column|unhide

Bank Boy wrote:

In working with a spreadsheet, I hid some of the columns that I was not
using, so that I could work with it better. I hid Column A and now I
cannot
unhide it. I can't highlight the columns before and after to unhide,
because
there is nothing before Column A.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

click on the rectangle above the row list and to the left of the column list
to select all,
in the column lable list get the double arrow and widen and column.
additionally,
cound you have frozen panes so that you have no room to move the column
make sure window freeze pane is not selected.

"Bank Boy" wrote in message
Causes the "1" to be highlighted, but does not open the column.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Another way:

Edit|goto
Type A1
and hit enter

Format|column|unhide

Bank Boy wrote:

In working with a spreadsheet, I hid some of the columns that I was not
using, so that I could work with it better. I hid Column A and now I
cannot
unhide it. I can't highlight the columns before and after to unhide,
because
there is nothing before Column A.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never it fail.

Did you do the Format|column|unhide stuff?

Maybe the column is not hidden, maybe you froze panes with that off the screen.

Window|Unfreeze panes.
and scroll left

Bank Boy wrote:

Causes the "1" to be highlighted, but does not open the column.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Another way:

Edit|goto
Type A1
and hit enter

Format|column|unhide

Bank Boy wrote:

In working with a spreadsheet, I hid some of the columns that I was not
using, so that I could work with it better. I hid Column A and now I cannot
unhide it. I can't highlight the columns before and after to unhide, because
there is nothing before Column A.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never it fail.
should be:
I've never seen it fail.

Dave Peterson wrote:

I've never it fail.

Did you do the Format|column|unhide stuff?

Maybe the column is not hidden, maybe you froze panes with that off the screen.

Window|Unfreeze panes.
and scroll left

<<snipped

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If hiding/unhiding isn't working, try Window-Unfreeze Panes.
Sometimes that's the problem.

On Aug 3, 8:49 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
I've never it fail.
should be:
I've never seen it fail.

Dave Peterson wrote:

I've never it fail.

Did you do the Format|column|unhide stuff?

Maybe the column is not hidden, maybe you froze panes with that off the screen.

Window|Unfreeze panes.
and scroll left

<<snipped

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If you have hidden the cloumn your self, then double column arrow displays,
where you can adjust to coulmn to display the data.

Important: If you have double-clicked even after double-column arrow
appears, then you cannot adjust the column for displaying the content in
Coulmn A.

However, if you follow Dave Peterson solution,
Edit|goto
Type A1
and hit enter

The column will be visible and you will not loose any data. I tired it and
it worked.

Thanks Dave Peterson. I learned something new today.

Challa Prabhu