Bob H

Default Suddenly Excel can't calculate formula!!!

Hi,
I have been using MS Excel for years and using various formulae in
my spreadsheets without any problems

Now I have just noticed that this formula, for example: =SUM(F100:G99)
cannot be calculated.Excel reports that Cell references in the formula
refer to the formulas result, creating a circular reference. How can
that be?
Also neither SUM(F100+G99) and (F100+G99) work.
Further I have noticed that ALL of my previously working formulae for
various cells have changed;or rather the results have changed.
For example, this formula: =SUM(B103+C102) is now #VALUE!
Where B103 = 83 and C102 = 41.
I have checked formatting of cells, but nothing I do solves the problem.

Thanks
--
Bob H
Leeds UK
Bob H

Frank Kabel wrote:
Hi
in which cell have you inserted these formulas

For you #VALUE error I would suspect the values are stored as 'Text'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Bob H" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

[...]

The formulae are inserted in many cells. For example I have 2 rows with
data in them (whole numbers) I have row 102 with actual recorded data
in, which is entered on a regular basis. Row 103 is there to give me a
running total of that data entered in row 102.
So if say 83 is entered in column B row 102, then Column B row 103 will
have 83 in , but then if column C row 102 has 41 entered, then column C
row 103 should give me the total = 124, but it gives #VALUE!
To simplify

Cols B C D E etc
Rows
102 83 41 53 50