Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I assign a shortcut key (alt letter) to the format painter

The topics on the excel help cover using existing shortcut keys, but the
instructions are not clear on whether or not I can assign a new shortcut, for
example ALT + SHIFT + f, to select the paintbrush for formating.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

put this in the Workbook_Open event of your personal.xls:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.OnKey "%^f", "fmt"
End Sub
and this in a standard module:
Sub fmt()
CommandBars("Standard").FindControl(ID:=108).Execu te
End Sub
Unfortunatley, you're going to need to include the ctrl key (my key sequence
is alt/ctrl/f).
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Mike Blake" wrote in message
The topics on the excel help cover using existing shortcut keys, but the
instructions are not clear on whether or not I can assign a new shortcut,

for
example ALT + SHIFT + f, to select the paintbrush for formating.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob,

This works great for Excel, but is there a way to do this across all ms
applications (word, PP, etc.)

Thanks!