Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Liz Liz is offline

Default How do I create a formula in excel to multiply two items from two

How do I create a formula to do this function?

Before you can create the invoices, you must create a list of people
attending the family reunion using the same Excel workbook. This list should
include the Last Name, First Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Adult, and
Child fields. Name this sheet Invoice List, change the color of the tab, and
place it to the right of all of the other sheets in your workbook. Ensure
that you only have one row of headings and invoke the List function through
the Data menu to create a list of the data you have. Using the Total Row
feature, count the number of families attending the family reunion; you will
divide the total general expenses by this number to calculate the portion of
general expenses each family will pay.

General expenses consist of the following: site rental, invitations/postage,
decorations, photographer, and games, supplies, and prizes. These expenses
can be found on your Budget sheet. On the Budget sheet in cell C21, type
"Total General Expenses." In cell D21, write a formula that will give you the
total of general expenses. To figure each familys contribution to the
general expenses, type "Per Family Cost" in cell C22 and write a formula in
cell D22 to calculate this cost.

On your Invoice List sheet, create a new heading after Child for Family
Cost. Notice that this new field becomes part of the list you had already
created. In the first cell below your heading, write a formula that will
calculate the total amount for which each family will be responsible. This
formula will reference back to the Budget sheet to get the food costs,
t-shirt costs, and the family costs that you just calculated. Remember to
always use cell references in your formulas and do not forget to make the
reference to the Budget sheet Absolute References so that you can copy this
formula for all the other families. Also, dont forget to include the cost of
meals and t-shirts in the family cost.

Once you have the formula correctly written for the first family, use
AutoFill to copy the formula for the remaining families on your invoice list.
To check yourself, add a SUM function in the total row of your list for the
Family Cost; this should match the $1,900 that is the cost of the entire
family reunion. If this does not match, then check your formulas and correct
as necessary.

I cannot figure out how to create a formula to calculate this equation.
Please help me to figure it out. I tried =G2*Budget!B7+Budget!B8*'Invoice
List'!H2+'Invoice List'!G2*Budget!B13+Budget!B14*'Invoice
List'!H2+Budget!D22, but it it now working properly when I use it in the rest
of the rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Liz Liz is offline

Default How do I create a formula in excel to multiply two items from

David:

Thank you so much for your insight. Is there any way you can tell me how to
do that? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.