Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Where are the extra columns and rows?

Hi-

In 2007, there are supposedly available over a million rows and over 16000
columns, but all I've been able to get are the 256 by 65536 in all the other
excel versions.

So......what are I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to save your file as an .xlsmclose itopen it

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"frankoamerican" wrote in message
Hi-

In 2007, there are supposedly available over a million rows and over
16000
columns, but all I've been able to get are the 256 by 65536 in all the
other
excel versions.

So......what are I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Most likely you are still using an old file (XLS) format.

Use SAVE AS to save it into Excel 2007 format (XSLX) extension and you will
get the extra rows and columns.

You can also see the extra rows/columns if you open a new workbook.

"frankoamerican" wrote:

Hi-

In 2007, there are supposedly available over a million rows and over 16000
columns, but all I've been able to get are the 256 by 65536 in all the other
excel versions.

So......what are I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FYI - in Excel 2007 (I am sure you know this... this if for the benefit of
other users)

XLSM is for workbooks with macros...

XLSX is used for workbooks without macros.