Randberger

Default pivot table field name error

Hi. I keep getting an error that I need to change the name of my Pivot Table
field -- it is not valid. It want's me to type a new name for the offending
field. However, there are more than 40 columns -- how do I know which one to
change? I don't think I made any changes although I did bold some headings.
Would that have set this off? It persists even if I copy the information into
a new file and try to create a new pivot table. The help function is no help
-- it just says to type a new name. Thanks for nothing.
Debra Dalgleish

Perhaps you've included a blank column at the end of the pivot table
range. That would cause the error you've described.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List