Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Set margins on multiple worksheets at once

I am sure there is an easy answer to this but I am not seeing it.

1. I have an .xls file with 30 worksheets in it.

2. Each worksheet is the same layout with different data linked in
from other spreadsheets.

3. Each worksheet is formatted to allow me to print out reports.

4. However, I recently made a change to the layout which requires a
change in my margin settings.

5. I started going through each worksheet and changing the margins one
by one. After about 5 times I was convinced I was being silly.

??? Is there a way to apply the same margins to every worksheet in an
.xls file without changing each one individually.

Thanks,
Jason

--
astrange
astrange's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32275

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select one sheet

Right click on its sheet tab

Choose: Select all sheets

Use page set up as usual

Caveat: while at this mode ("Group") anything you do in one worksheet will
also reflect in others.

To ungroup: right click again on the sheet tab and then choose ungroup
sheet

"astrange" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Select one sheet. Make the desired margin set up. Then select all the
sheets. Go to page set up and say OK.

"astrange" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Firstly, thanks for the quick response.

Second, thanks for the very efficient answer. The select all option
worked perfectly. Based on the changes I was making and the fact that
I have this same scenario in five sets of reports you guys saved me a
minimum of 1,800 wasted mouse clicks (not counting future changes).

Thanks,
Jason