Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel at Work

How do you make it to where you can insert data onto one of the worksheets
and if you copy and paste to another and then go back and update it on the
original and it automatically changes it on the other worksheets
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Confuzzled" wrote in message
How do you make it to where you can insert data onto one of the worksheets
and if you copy and paste to another and then go back and update it on the
original and it automatically changes it on the other worksheets

It's called a "link" and you don't copy and paste.
Assume worksheet A and B.
You want to replicate data in cell A1 Worksheet A from cel B1 Worksheet B.
Open both worksheets.
In Cell A1 Worksheet A, type = then with your mouse click on Worksheet B,
cell B1. Press enter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Copy then EditPaste SpecialPaste LinkOKEsc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP