Paul

Default How do I lock an image in Excel so it doesn't move?

When I delete text or add text to my price list for work, my images move at
the same time in Excel 2003. In Word I would usually cut the image and paste
it into the header but this doesn't seem to work. Thanks!
Romanian37

Two possible options that I can think of:

(i) in the Properties tab of the Format Picture option box (accessed by
right clicking when on image), click DOn't move or size with cells radio
button. This should lock the image size.
(ii) More complicated option is to set up the price list in Word and
have a macro take any price values from a corresponding excel master
sheet. You can probably then format the price list in a more intuitve
way in word but have the values easily changeable in excel. This would
be a fairly involbed solution though!

Cheers

Will

--
Romanian37
Romanian37's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9759

Elkar

Select the image, then right-click and choose "Format Object". This may be
called Format Autoshape, Format Picture, etc... depending what type of object
it is.

Select the "Properties" tab and where it says "Object Positioning" select
"Don't move or size with cells".

If you have several images that need this change, you can select them all
first (by holding down the shift key and clicking each one) then
right-clicking any one of them and selecting "Format Object". This will
change the setting on all of them at the same time.

HTH,
Elkar