Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I set up a chart with the scale as 1a, 1b, 2a,2b, 3, 4, 5

I'm trying to plot results of our students on a graph. The grades go 1a, 1b,
2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. For example, Peter has reached level 3b, Sam
has reached level 1a, Bob has reached level 5. The chart cant recognise the
letters so won't plot it - HELP PLEASE!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Are you surprised that Excel has no ideal how to plot text like 1a, 1b etc?
Change the text to numbers, say 1a = 1, 1b=2, etc
Or 1a=1, 1b =1.5, etc
Plot
Use something like Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or John
Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com) to put 1a, 1b on the y-axis labels
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"sam_allenuk" wrote in message
I'm trying to plot results of our students on a graph. The grades go 1a,
1b,
2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. For example, Peter has reached level 3b,
Sam
has reached level 1a, Bob has reached level 5. The chart cant recognise
the
letters so won't plot it - HELP PLEASE!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I set up a chart with the scale as 1a, 1b, 2a,2b, 3, 4,

Hi Bernard - thanks for your help.

Does using the chartlabeler mean that rather than see 1, 1.5 etc - it will
show what i want? ie 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b etc

cheers!