Brunt

Default How to create footnote in Excel?

How can I create footnotes in Excel? I would like to have superscript
smaller numbers for several things that need more info at bottom of page.
Thank you for your help.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to create footnote in Excel?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can create footnotes in Excel:
  1. First, select the cell where you want to add the footnote. This is usually the cell that contains the data that needs further explanation.
  2. Next, go to the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of the Excel window.
  3. Click on the Symbol button in the Symbols section of the ribbon.
  4. In the Symbol dialog box that appears, select Superscripts and Subscripts from the Subset drop-down menu.
  5. Choose the superscript number that you want to use for your footnote. For example, if you want to use "1" as your superscript number, select the "1" with a superscript.
  6. Click the Insert button to insert the superscript number into the cell.
  7. Now, move your cursor to the bottom of the page where you want to add the footnote. Insert a new row at the bottom of the page if necessary.
  8. In the new row, add the footnote text that corresponds to the superscript number in the cell. For example, if you used "1" as your superscript number, add the footnote text for "1" in the new row.
  9. Finally, select the superscript number in the cell and format it as a hyperlink. To do this, right-click on the superscript number and select Hyperlink from the context menu. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, select Place in This Document from the Link to options on the left. Then, select the new row that contains the footnote text from the Select a place in this document section on the right. Click OK to create the hyperlink.

That's it! Now, when someone clicks on the superscript number in the cell, they will be taken to the corresponding footnote at the bottom of the page.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Debra Dalgleish

Excel doesn't have a footnotes feature.

You could add comments to the cells, then print those comments at the
end of the sheet. There are instructions in Excel's help, and he

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html#Printing

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Rojee

for your supercript needs...
format cells...select fonts...under Effects check
supercript...
I hope this will help you

.