Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Color Palette changes when I open excel file

I have an Exel file that, whenever I open it, it changes my color palette,
and applies that color palette to all the Exel files I may already have open.
The palette applies itself to all Excel files I open after I open this file.
Even if I open this Exel file first, close it, and then open other Excel
files, this "wrong" color palette applies itself to the other files. I have
to close and re-open Excel in order for the color palette to reset.

I have tried going to Tools-Options-Color and resetting the color, but it
does nothing. I cannot copy another color palette into the buggy excel file
since, as I mentioned before, it changes the color palettes of any excel file
that is open at the same time.

I use Excel 2002. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

hi,
is this a file that you created or one that someone else created? is it a
shared file on a network?
check to see if the "buggy excel file" has a macro that changes the color
palette.
regards,
FSt1

"Nasubixiv" wrote:

I have an Exel file that, whenever I open it, it changes my color palette,
and applies that color palette to all the Exel files I may already have open.
The palette applies itself to all Excel files I open after I open this file.
Even if I open this Exel file first, close it, and then open other Excel
files, this "wrong" color palette applies itself to the other files. I have
to close and re-open Excel in order for the color palette to reset.

I have tried going to Tools-Options-Color and resetting the color, but it
does nothing. I cannot copy another color palette into the buggy excel file
since, as I mentioned before, it changes the color palettes of any excel file
that is open at the same time.

I use Excel 2002. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

This is a file that I created. It is saved on a shared network, but no one
has accessed it besides myself.

I did look for macros, and there are no macros.

Thanks.
-Nasubi