George Wilson

Default Select all data, multiple rows

Currently I can select all data in an Excel column by placing the cursor in
the top cell and then pressing Control+Shift+Down arrow. Is there a way to
select the uppermost cell of multiple columns and perform this procedure? I
would like to be able to choose A1, C1 and E1 and use a similar keyboard
shortcut to select all the data, is there a shortcut for this?
TIA
George
Ron de Bruin

Hi George

When holding the Ctrl key click on the column headers

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"George Wilson" wrote in message ...
Currently I can select all data in an Excel column by placing the cursor in
the top cell and then pressing Control+Shift+Down arrow. Is there a way to
select the uppermost cell of multiple columns and perform this procedure? I
would like to be able to choose A1, C1 and E1 and use a similar keyboard
shortcut to select all the data, is there a shortcut for this?
TIA
George

Ron de Bruin

Hi George

Only with a macro as far as I know.
If you want that post back

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi George

When holding the Ctrl key click on the column headers

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"George Wilson" wrote in message
Currently I can select all data in an Excel column by placing the cursor in
the top cell and then pressing Control+Shift+Down arrow. Is there a way to
select the uppermost cell of multiple columns and perform this procedure? I
would like to be able to choose A1, C1 and E1 and use a similar keyboard
shortcut to select all the data, is there a shortcut for this?
TIA
George

Krum

1. holding the ctrl key select headers of columns
2. ctrl + g
3. choose "special"
4. choose "constants" or "formulas" depending on what kind of data you have
in these columns

regards
Krum

U¿ytkownik "George Wilson" napisa³
w wiadomo¶ci ...

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi George

When holding the Ctrl key click on the column headers

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"George Wilson" wrote in

message ...
Currently I can select all data in an Excel column by placing the

cursor in
the top cell and then pressing Control+Shift+Down arrow. Is there a

way to
select the uppermost cell of multiple columns and perform this

procedure? I
would like to be able to choose A1, C1 and E1 and use a similar

keyboard
shortcut to select all the data, is there a shortcut for this?
TIA
George

Herbert Seidenberg

"Krum" wrote:

1. holding the ctrl key select headers of columns
2. ctrl + g
3. choose "special"
4. choose "constants" or "formulas" depending on what kind of data you have
in these columns

regards
Krum

Krum's method will work if there is no data below the desired data.
Otherwise do this: Give your data vectors unique names, then select
the desired names in the NAME box, holding down CTRL. Alternately, go
to the GO TO box and type in the desired names in the REFERENCE box,
separated by commas.
A faster way to select one data vector is to place the cursor on the
bottom edge of the first cell, hold down the SHIFT key and double
click. Works in other directions too.