YG

Default Identifying exact values in alternate rows

I would like to find a logical result of comparing two text values on
subsequent rows. I tried using the exact function but cannot copy it for
every row since I dont want it to compare rows 2 and 3. Just 1 and 2, 3 and
4, 5 and 6 etc.. see below example. I have a 1500 rows and identifying which
row to paste the EXACT function is defeating the purpose.
Is there a way to put some logic in the EXACT function so that it compares
rows 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6 ..etc.
Hope you guys understand what i need.

Thank you!
Yg.

Katz Warren
Katz Warren
McKenney James
McKenney James
Yellin Albert
Yellin Albert
Green Stephen
Green Stephen
Block Stanley
Block Stanley
Steigbigel Roy
Steigbigel Roy

Ken Wright

In B1:-

=IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=0,"",A1=A2)

and copy down. This will populate alternate cells with a TRUE or FALSE answer
depending on whether that odd row starting row 1 equals the following even row
(ie row 2), then row 3 = row 4 etc.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

[...]