Robluc65

Default What is the formula to display a negative time results?

I am creating an overtime tracking sheet. In this sheet, employees have the
choice to store their hours for time off, use those hours or to chose to have
their overtime paid out at the end of the month. From time to time,
employees use more time then what they have stored. I have no problem with
the sheet exept that I have not been able to figure out how to display a
result with negatime times. It was shown to me a long time time ago, but can
not remember the formula which allow to display negative time values. Can
anybody help me?
Dave Peterson

If you change to the 1904 base date:
tools|Options|calculation tab|Check 1904 date system

then you can see negative times.

But your dates will change by 4 years and one day.

And copying dates between workbooks with different base dates causes trouble,
too.

Maybe a helper cell to just make it look pretty:
=if(a1=0,"","-")&text(abs(a1),"h:mm")

(this helper cell will be text--not a real number/date/time.)

--

Dave Peterson