KR

Default Pie-in-Pie (sort of) how can I make this chart?

I'm looking to make a pie chart centered on another larger pie chart; where
the smaller pie will show data summarized by metacategories, and the thinner
slices protruding from behind in the larger pie chart show more detail- sub
categories of the metacategories.

I haven't been able to figure out a way to do this yet- the closest I got
was to create a column chart with 2 series, then change each one to a pie
chart and expand one slightly. This is close to the effect I want, but
sizing it to look right is a nightmare because it keeps autosizing based on
how close the exploded pieces are, and probably other factors I don't know
about.

Anyone created anything like this before, and if so, any tips on how to make
it work so I can make it a custom chart and use it for other charting as
well?

TIA,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my

Jon Peltier

Keith -

Andy Pope has some clever pie chart tricks; I bet you could make the
kind of chart you envision following his examples:

http://andypope.info/charts/pies.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP