Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default batting average spreadsheet

when a player goes 8/8, how do i stop it from displaying a 1 ? i tried # ?/8,
but i still get a 1.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format cell like text BEFORE entering data or enter an apostrophe (') in
front of data, e.g. '8/8

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Trail Dog€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

when a player goes 8/8, how do i stop it from displaying a 1 ? i tried # ?/8,
but i still get a 1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

if you will not write = sign then it will not do any calculation unless
your cell format is date or number format .... make you cell format as
text but if you want calculation on it then you can revert it back ....

--
mubashir aziz

If this post helps Don't 4get to click Yes
mubashir aziz's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=237
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=98741

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're going to use excel to do calculations, put the at bats in one cell and
the hits in another. Your calculations will become lots easier.

Even if you're not going to calculations now, you may in the future.

Trail Dog wrote:

when a player goes 8/8, how do i stop it from displaying a 1 ? i tried # ?/8,
but i still get a 1.

--

Dave Peterson