crimsonkng

Default inserting columns within certain rows only

I'm afraid that I know the answer to this but I thought I'd ask anyway ...

Is it possible to insert columns for only a certain section of the
spreadsheet, i.e., to affect only a certain range of rows?

Over the years, I've created a spreadsheet with about 300 rows (and with a
6,000-line macro) and now realize that I need about 10 extra columns ... but
only in a certain part of the spreadsheet (rows 100 to 150).

If I insert columns, the ENTIRE spreadsheet (from row 1 to 65536) is going
to be affected (and all of the address references in my macro will have to be
redefined) and then I'll have to cut-and-paste all of the fields from rows 1
to 99 and 151 to 300 back over to their original columns and then all my
row/column references are going to get screwed up and it's going to become a
major hassle.

So, I thought that there might be a trick to inserting columns in specific
rows without affecting any of the other rows. (Wishful thinking, I know.)

Thanks. Dan

bj

you can insert cells for a given distance.
foe example highlight C100:L150 and insert cells select shift right

will give you 10 effective new columns between 100 and 150

This may not do what you want, if not give more detail

"crimsonkng" wrote:

[...]

crimsonkng

Shame on me for not knowing that, Don and BJ. I'm not sure if it will work
exactly like I want it to but it seems to hold promise. I'm gonna play
around with it. I think it'll come very close. (And thanks to you, too, JEM
.... I considered that, too.)

Appreciate it ... Dan