Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Holiday spreadsheet - SUMIF forumla no longer works?

I have a holiday spreadsheet that I've used for the last three years
which was passed down to me when I took over this role.

At the top of the spreadsheet, it works out sick days, holiday
allowance, etc. It also works out full days (with the letter H) and
half days (with the letter G). This was the formula that was used:

{=(SUM(IF(C17:D382="g",0.5)))}

The 2010 spreadsheet no longer accepts this formula and gives me a
#VALUE! error instead. It also does not allow me to enter the {}
brackets. The range is correct and nothing has changed except the
dates.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

It is an array formula.
You don't type the curly braces { } yourself.
When you enter or amend the formula, use Ctrl+Shift+Enter (CSE) not just
Enter.
When you use CSE, Excel will place the braces around the formula.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Custard Tart" wrote in message
I have a holiday spreadsheet that I've used for the last three years
which was passed down to me when I took over this role.

At the top of the spreadsheet, it works out sick days, holiday
allowance, etc. It also works out full days (with the letter H) and
half days (with the letter G). This was the formula that was used:

{=(SUM(IF(C17:D382="g",0.5)))}

The 2010 spreadsheet no longer accepts this formula and gives me a
#VALUE! error instead. It also does not allow me to enter the {}
brackets. The range is correct and nothing has changed except the
dates.

Any ideas?

signature database 4527 (20091020) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4527 (20091020) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 21 Oct, 10:02, "Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk
wrote:
When you use CSE, Excel will place the braces around the formula.

--

Thanks very much, Roger! That sorted it for me.

Lianne.