Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Resizing chart labels

Hi I was just wondering if there was a way to resize the labels on charts in
Excel 2007? I can click onto the label, but it doesn't allow me to change the
size. The only way i can fit words onto a single line is by selecting a
smaller font. Is there another way?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Argent wrote on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:38:00 -0700:

A Hi I was just wondering if there was a way to resize the
A labels on charts in Excel 2007? I can click onto the label,
A but it doesn't allow me to change the size. The only way i
A can fit words onto a single line is by selecting a smaller
A font. Is there another way?

Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by chart
labels? I just realised that you mentioned 2007. In the past,
right clicking on the title would allow you to change the font
etc. and left clicking the words. The only practical method to
get a one-line title might be to change the font size.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sorry I'm not being very clear, I mean the data labels. Is there a way to
make the box wider to fit text into it? I have a column chart where I have
reduced the gap width between each column so that the actual blocks are
wider, but the data labels are still very small. Is there a way to widen it
so that the text doesn't wrap to the next line?

"James Silverton" wrote:

Argent wrote on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:38:00 -0700:

A Hi I was just wondering if there was a way to resize the
A labels on charts in Excel 2007? I can click onto the label,
A but it doesn't allow me to change the size. The only way i
A can fit words onto a single line is by selecting a smaller
A font. Is there another way?

Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by chart
labels? I just realised that you mentioned 2007. In the past,
right clicking on the title would allow you to change the font
etc. and left clicking the words. The only practical method to
get a one-line title might be to change the font size.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Although the text items in a chart appear to have sizing handles, when
selected, you can not change the width or height of text elements.

If you must have full control over textual elements you will need to add
textboxes to the chart. The major draw back with this approach is the
position of the textboxes will not change when the under lying data does.

Cheers
Andy