Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I calculate staffing ratios

Does anyone have a simple formula that I can use to determine the ratio of
staff to customers? For example, I have 20 representatives and 63, 447
customers. I want to be able to determine the staffing ratio of staff to
customers. What formula can I use to calculate this? Any help is truly
appreciated!
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I calculate staffing ratios

Calculating Staffing Ratios

Calculating staffing ratios is a great way to determine how many staff members you need to effectively serve your customers. Here's a simple formula you can use to calculate the staff to customer ratio:

Staff to Customer Ratio = Number of Staff Members / Number of Customers

So, in your example, you have 20 representatives and 63,447 customers. To calculate the staffing ratio, simply divide the number of staff members by the number of customers:

Staff to Customer Ratio = 20 / 63,447

This gives you a staffing ratio of approximately 1 staff member for every 3,172 customers.

To make this calculation in Excel, simply enter the number of staff members in one cell (let's say A1) and the number of customers in another cell (let's say A2). Then, in a third cell, enter the formula "
Formula:
=A1/A2
" (without the quotes). This will give you the staffing ratio.
  1. Enter the number of staff members in cell A1
  2. Enter the number of customers in cell A2
  3. In a third cell, enter the formula "
    Formula:
    =A1/A2
    "
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Divide 20 by 63,447, so each member of your staff can handle
0.0003152237300423975916907024760824 customers at a time to service all of
your customers.
But I'm not sure that's the answer your looking for.

Tyro

"Xfiles325" wrote in message
Does anyone have a simple formula that I can use to determine the ratio of
staff to customers? For example, I have 20 representatives and 63, 447
customers. I want to be able to determine the staffing ratio of staff to
customers. What formula can I use to calculate this? Any help is truly
appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Precisely. If all 63,447 customers call in the same day. But if only 40
customers call every day, then the 20 staff members have to handle only
20/40 = .5 customers per day. 1 customer in the morning, one in the
afternoon?. I'm not sure what the OP really wants.

Tyro

"Xfiles325" wrote in message
Does anyone have a simple formula that I can use to determine the ratio
of
staff to customers? For example, I have 20 representatives and 63, 447
customers. I want to be able to determine the staffing ratio of staff to
customers. What formula can I use to calculate this? Any help is truly
appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a similar situation. I have 11 Consultants and 112 Clients. In my
situation I am trying to calculate the available bandwidth, or my
Utilization. The only solution I could find was to do the 11/112 which =
0.098214285714285714285714285714286 (shown as a percentage, this is 9.82%.

Does this tell me that my consultants have 9.82% Utilization, or 9.82%
Utilization Free? Ideally, we want to show how saturated we are, and how much
more we can do if asked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thank you,