Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default insert page number in work sheet

I am creating a page index sheet of the items in successive work sheets. How
do I insert the page number of a particular item/cell in a worksheet in this
first index sheet. I guess it requires linking of the sheets and probably
some function. Can anybody help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A couple of ways,

On the index sheet put the name of the item you want to link to in a cell
eg. widget
You can now do several things.

Firstly you can simply right click widget and create a hyperlink to "a place
in this document" where the details for widget are.

You can name the cell in you worksheet where the details for widget are and
likewise create a hyperlink to that name in the same way as above, This time
instead of going to the appropriate worksheet it goes to the specific cell
that caontains the data.

"Nandkish" wrote:

I am creating a page index sheet of the items in successive work sheets. How
do I insert the page number of a particular item/cell in a worksheet in this
first index sheet. I guess it requires linking of the sheets and probably
some function. Can anybody help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When i Print the excel sheet, the first page shall be the index sheet, which
shall list the page numbers of the various topics mentioned in the adjacent
sheets. This page number in the index sheet has to be automatically updated
if the contents in the adjacent sheets crosses a page limit and goes to the
next while printing.

I cant really use hyperlink as it will work only in open worksheet in a PC
and not on printed matter which is submitted as hardcopy.

I cant really make use of the insert page number function available in
header footer in the normal work sheet.