Superpreciosa

Default How do I delete both sets of duplicate data?

Rather than using Advanced Filter in order to filter a data set for unique
values, I want to delete all duplicate data.

For example, I have a spreadsheet of email addresses. I have another list of
those addresses from the original, master list that no longer work. I have
merged the two lists so that those non-working e-mail addresses now show as
duplicates. How can I remove those addresses from the master list?
Dave Peterson

One way is to use a helper column that counts occurances.

Say your data is in column A
Insert a new column B and put this formula in B1:
=countif(a:a,a1)1
and drag down.

Add headers to your data (new row 1) and then select column B and do
data|filter|autofilter

show the rows that have True in them.
Delete those visible rows
delete the helper column.

Chip Pearson has lots of ways to work with duplicates/uniques at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--

Dave Peterson